Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CRAASH on Fallout Central!



Olivia Lin, Founder of The Coalition for the Revitalization of Asian American Studies (CRAASH), and I (Associate Director of CRAASH) went to do an on-air interview about the lack of support for Asian American Studies at Hunter College for Fallout Central on their weekly podcast.


Fallout Central is an online site that informs and mobilizes the Asian American community against racism and prejudices that they experience in the United States. They have a huge following in not only America but Asia as well. They provide progressive social change through education, organized action and other non-violent means and methods, as found on their website, www.falloutcentral.com.



The podcast was really great!
I really suggest you listen to it at
WWW.FALLOUTCENTRAL.COM

Because one, you will get to catch up on what is hapenning in the Asian American community all across America.
Plus! Yours truly is on there towards the end of the podcast, talking about CRAASH and social commentary on such great things like America's Best Dance Team!
Go jabawokeez and kaba modern!

Here are the jabawokeez! I love them!
Did they ever say why they wear masks?
I think it's so they can be judged solely on their skills and not their ethnicity, because when I first saw them my initial reaction was whoa..creepy masks!
Then I watched them and went, whoa...sweet moves.
Then they took their masks off and I went, WHOA! They're ASIAN?!!?!
AWESOME!

watch them for yourself
and listen to the FALLOUT CENTRAL PODCAST!

WWW.FALLOUTCENTRAL.COM

No comments: